Travel Diaries: Postcards from Denver, New York and Connecticut

>> Thursday, January 7, 2010

So it's been an incredibly exciting couple of months traveling from city to city and just having a good ole' time. I had a chance to go home for Christmas to Denver and spend time with family and friends. From Denver I jetsetted to New Jersey, from New Jersey to  New York, from New York to Connecticut and from Connecticut back to New York and back to New Orleans. Here are a few photos from my trip. Did I mention I love traveling.

Denver




Hanging out with friends at a Holiday party, I'm 3rd from the left




Outside of our home in Denver, CO


Shopping with my mom


The biggest African store I have ever been in


If you haven't tried Ready Stew, you are missing out


One of the reasons I love going home, my mom's egwusi soup and pounded yam



New York

From Denver it was onto New Jersey and from New Jersey, I caught the train to New York.

I have to say I am still dreaming bright light city skies even after returning from trip to New York, New York. I stayed with my gal pal, NK and although the weather was like being locked up in a meat market freezer, I have to say I had a blast.

I enjoyed sight seeking, the subway rides, the smell of international food and leather in the air, the eccentric style of the people, the passion and enthusiasm in the way the people talked, the fast paced energy, the night life, the diversity, the hustle and bustle, the architecture of the buildings gosh I loved it all. I have never really considered moving to New York considering how much you pay for an apartment the size of a cubicle or how congested the city streets could be, but I have to say after this trip, I have definitely added it to my list of possible places.



Riding the subway in NY






Getting dressed to hit the town



My girl, the gorgeous NK


Sight seeing


Time square


Dinner with family


Down in the meat packing district, we hung out at Sea, loved their food!


More Times Square


More Times Square


Time Square


More family and friends


125th Ave in Harlem, a.k.a Hustling Central


Cool African store in Harlem, NY

Connecticut

From New York, we drove down to New Haven, Conneticut home of Yale University and one of the most interesting places I have been thus far. I have to say I adored New Haven, particularly downtown New Haven which has so many beautiful, older buildings with interesting architectural details. I also loved shopping in New Haven, there were many stores with so many interesting pieces, jewelry, accessories, home decor and many more. It's too bad I was not allowed to bring my camera into the stores. My favorite store in New Haven had to be the Urban Outfitters, they had so many fun, sexual literature and I also loved the bohemian chic array of clothes and accessories.


I love the buildings, this is the Yale theatre




Downtown New Haven, CT


Hot girl, Ndidi

So it eventually came time to leave and I was very sad to be saying good bye to the East Coast for now especially New York. I will be back very soon and when the weather is a lot warmer.


At the Memphis airport on the way back to New Orleans


Exhausted but I had a great time!


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PeopleStyleWatch..........................
PeopleStyleWatch..........................
Photobucket"border="0">

Disclaimer

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP